Financial Information


Tuition and Fees

Tuition (per unit) for:
Effective Fall semester 2019'


Bachelor (B.Th.):                                            $240.00 / unit

Master (M.Div./MACCP/MAICS):;            $260.00 / unit

ELSP (per class):                                             $440.00 / class

Application fee:                                               $100.00

Enrollment fee:                                               $150.00

Student activities fee (per year)                    $50.00

Graduation fee:                                               $200.00

Deferred payment plan fee:                          up to $30.00

Late Registration:                                           up to $100.00

                                                                           $30.00 after registration

                                                                            $50.00 until 1st week of class

                                                                                  $100.00 thereafter

Add/Drop a course fee:                                  $10.00

Auditing fee (per unit, non-refundable)

             B.Th. and M.Div., M.A.C.C.P.

Non-students only:                                amount per unit by course

Enrolled students & Alumni:              $100.00

             ELSP does not provide audit.

Tuition for the spouse/family member         15% off of tuition

       of full-time student:                                            


Tuition for pastor                                            15% off of tuition

Tuition for missionary                                    30% off of tuition


Tuition for pastor’s/missionary’s                   15% off of tuition

       Single child under 21 years old               


Tuition for the family member of

Faculty / staff:                                                   no charge


Official transcript fee (per copy):                    $10.00

Student I.D. Card    (Optional)                        $10.00


ELSP test (scheduled test date):                      $25.00

ELSP test (non-scheduled test date):             $100.00


Ÿ  A pastor should submit the recent Certificate or Verification letter from General Assembly.

Ÿ  A missionary should submit the career certificate for his missionary experience (exclude South Korea & USA more than 2 years) issued by general assembly (or church).



I-20 and SEVIS Fees

I-20 processing fee:                                      $100.00

(Note: This is not I-901 fee paid to USCIS for student F-1 visa. This is our processing fee.)

OPT, CPT, OCE fee:                                        $0.00

Student transferring in (I-20 fee):               $100.00

Student transferring out:                               $0.00

Student changing educational level

(I-20 fee):                                                         $100.00

Authorization to drop full-time:                  $0.00

Extend program date:                                    $0.00

Change program start/end date:                  $0.00

Any update /correction:                                 $0.00


Note: I-20 Mailing fees

First mailing for I-20 is free;

Additional mailings- all overseas or interstate mails must be paid by the student;

All applications mailed to the USCIS must be paid by the students. Envelopes and labels will be provided for the student without charge.



Charges for Attendance of Fall 2017



Application fee & Enrollment fee (new student)   $      250.00

I-20 processing fee (F-1 visa new student only)    $      100.00

Tuition  $210.00*15 units                                           $     3,150.00

S.T.R.F.                                                                           $        0.00

Student Activities fee                                                    $       50.00

Total    $ 3,550.00


Application fee & Enrollment fee (new student)   $      250.00

I-20 processing fee (F-1 visa new student only)    $      100.00

Tuition  $230.00*12 units                                          $     2,760.00

S.T.R.F.                                                                           $         0.00

Student Activities fee                                                   $        50.00

Total  $    3,160.00


Application fee & Enrollment fee (new student)   $      250.00

I-20 processing fee (F-1 visa new student only)    $      100.00

Tuition  $230.00*12 units                                          $     2,760.00

S.T.R.F.                                                                           $         0.00

Student Activities fee                                                    $         50.00

Total    $   3,160.00



Application fee & Enrollment fee (new student)   $      250.00

I-20 processing fee (F-1 visa new student only)    $      100.00

Tuition  $440*5 classes                                              $     2,200.00

S.T.R.F.                                                                          $         0.00

Student Activities fee                                                   $        50.00

Total    $  2,600.00



Estimated Total Charge for Entire Program


B. Th. (4 years)

Application fee & Enrollment fee                            $      250.00

I-20 processing fee (F-1 visa only)                          $       100.00

Tuition  $210.00*128 units                                      $    26,880.00

S.T.R.F.                                                                         $         14.00

Student Activities fee                                                  $       200.00

Graduation fee                                                              $       200.00

Total    $  27,644.00

M.Div. (3 years)

Application fee & Enrollment fee                            $      250.00

I-20 processing fee (F-1 visa only)                           $      100.00

Tuition  $230.00*98 units                                         $   22,540.00

S.T.R.F.                                                                           $        11.50

Student Activities fee                                                   $       150.00

Graduation fee                                                              $       200.00

                                                                                         Total   $  23,251.50


M.A.C.C.P. (2 years)

Application fee & Enrollment fee                            $      250.00

I-20 processing fee (F-1 visa only)                          $      100.00

Tuition  $230.00*48 units                                        $    11,040.00

S.T.R.F.                                                                          $         6.00

Student Activities fee                                                  $       100.00

Graduation fee                                                             $       200.00

                                                                                            Total   $  11,696.00


ELSP (2 years)

Application fee & Enrollment fee                               $     250.00

I-20 processing fee (F-1 visa only)                              $      100.00

Tuition  $2,200*6 semesters                                       $    13,200.00

S.T.R.F.                                                                             $         7.00

Total    $ 13,557.00


Payment Policy


Tuition is expected to be paid in full either at the time of registration or before the end of the first week of classes. Those students who are unable to pay the tuition may ask to be considered for the deferred payment plan.

A student is not considered registered and cannot continue to attend classes until he either has paid all educational costs or has been approved for the deferred payment plan.



Deferred Payment Plan


A student may elect an optional up to three (3) payments plan. Please note that a special handling fee of $10.00 per each time will be required for this plan.

One-third of the tuition plus a special handling fee is due on the last day of registration.

A second one-third payment is due during the fourth week.

The final payment is due during the eighth week.


Late charge fees:

$50.00 will be charged to the student who fails to make a payment after every scheduled payment due. Another $50.00 per each month will be charged to the student who fails to make a payment after the final payment due.


For example, if a student made the first payment at the spring registration, but failed to make the second payment at the fourth week and the third payment during the spring semester, the student paying for the fall registration will be responsible for $50.00 late fee for each missing payment during the spring semester, then $50.00 for each month they failed to make the final payment after the spring semester ended. Therefore, they could owe: $100.00 (March and April), $50.00 for each month (May, June, and July), and therefore owe: $250.00.



Cancellation, Drop, and Withdrawal Policy:


Student’s Right to Cancel

The student has the right to cancel the enrollment agreement and obtain a refund of charges paid through attendance at the first class session, or the seventh day after enrollment, whichever is later. Thereafter, you also have the right to stop school at any time; and you have the right to receive a pro rata refund if you have completed 60 percent or less of the scheduled hours in the current payment period in your program through the last day of attendance. 


To cancel the enrollment agreement or withdraw from the institution, a written notice of cancellation, drop, or withdrawal must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar:

Main Office, 15605 Carmenita Rd., Santa Fe Springs, CA. 90670



Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF)


The State of California created the Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF) to relieve or mitigate economic losses suffered by students in educational programs who are California residents, or are enrolled in a residency program attending certain schools regulated by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education.


You may be eligible for STRF if you are a California resident or are enrolled in a residency program, prepaid tuition, paid the STRF assessment, and suffered an economic loss as a result of any of the following:


1. The school closed before the course of instruction was completed.

2. The school's failure to pay refunds or charges on behalf of a student to a third party for license fees or any other purpose, or to provide equipment or materials for which a charge was collected within 180 days before the closure of the school.

3. The school's failure to pay or reimburse loan proceeds under a federally guaranteed student loan program as required by law or to pay or reimburse proceeds received by the school prior to closure in excess of tuition and other costs.

4. There was a material failure to comply with the Act or this Division within 30 days before the school closed or, if the material failure began earlier than 30 days prior to closure, the period determined by the Bureau.

5. An inability after diligent efforts to prosecute, prove, and collect on a judgment against the institution for a violation of the Act.


You must pay the state-imposed assessment for the Student-Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF) if all of the following applies to you:


  1. You are a student in an educational program, who is a California resident, or are enrolled in a residency program, and prepay all or part of your tuition either by cash, guaranteed student loans, or personal loans, and
  2. Your total charges are not paid by any third-party payer such as an employer, government program or other payer unless you have a separate agreement to repay the third party.


You are not eligible for protection from the STRF and you are not required to pay the STRF assessment, if either of the following applies:


  1. You are not a California resident, or are not enrolled in a residency program, or
  2. Your total charges are paid for by a third-party, such as an employer, government program or other payer, and you have no separate agreement to repay the third party.


However, no claim can be paid to any student without a social security number or a taxpayer identification number.



Refund of Tuition


The student has a right to a refund of tuition. Fees are not refundable. Any refunds will be made as soon as possible but no later than 45 days from the determination of withdrawal date.  Students receiving Federal Financial Aid are subject to the return calculation first.


The date when the registrar receives official Add/Drop form determines the date of withdrawal. Failure to attend class is not withdrawal. Refund schedule for dropping courses;

Fall/Spring Semester

·       100% refund until attendance at the first class session, or the seventh day after enrollment, whichever is later. The course is completely taken off the student’s transcript, with no record of ever registering for the course.

  • Thereafter, pro-rated refund if completed 60 percent or less of the scheduled hours. A student needs to acquire the signature of the Academic Dean in order to withdraw from a course. When a student withdraws from a course, the student will receive a “W” on their transcript.

Winter/Summer Sessions

  • 100% refund before afternoon class on the first day. The course is completely taken off the student’s transcript, with no record of ever registering for the course.
  • Thereafter, pro-rated refund if completed 60 percent or less of the scheduled hours. A student needs to acquire the signature of the Academic Dean in order to withdraw from a course. When a student withdraws from a course, the student will receive a “W” on their transcript.

(Example) if a student withdraws a course after 18 hours out of 45 hours (3 credits x 15 weeks) and its tuition is $630, the refund will be: $630-$630 x 18/45 credit hours=$378.


When a student withdraws from PTSA, he shall be deemed to have withdrawn when following occurs:

·         The student notifies the Registrar of his intent to withdraw.

·         PTSA terminates the student’s enrollment for failure to maintain satisfactory progress; failure to abide by the rules and regulations; absences in excess of maximum set forth by the institution; and/or failure to meet financial obligations.

·         The student has failed to attend all classes for three consecutive weeks and fail to inform the school that he is not withdrawing.

·         The student fails to return from a leave of absence.

If any portion of the tuition was paid from the proceeds of a loan or third party, the refund shall be sent to the lender, third party or, if appropriate, to the state or federal agency that guaranteed or reinsured the loan. Any amount of the refund in excess of the unpaid balance of the loan shall be first used to repay any student financial aid programs from which the student received benefits, in proportion to the amount of the benefits received, and any remaining amount shall be paid to the student. If the student has received Federal Student Financial Aid funds, the student is entitled to a refund of moneys not paid from Federal Student Financial Aid program funds.




Every semester, Presbyterian Theological Seminary in America awards scholarships to worthy, qualified students. The total scholarship amount cannot exceed the student’s total amount of tuition. The recipients will receive the credit for the amount of the scholarship toward their tuition(Detailed information on scholarship aid is available at the main office, or from the Dean of Student Affairs).  

Scholarship Committee  

The Scholarship Committee has the task of screening the awarding for scholarships. It is organized by these officials as followed: the President, the Dean of Academic Affairs, the Dean of Student Affairs, and the Financial Aid Officer. All scholarships are awarded based on the individual's acceptance as a full-time student at the PTSA. In the case that several selected students happen to have the same GPA, the scholarship will be based on the total score and the attendance rate for the chapel of the previous semester. Most scholarships are awarded for once per semester only. The student must reapply each academic semester and indicate a desire to maintain the scholarship. However, in the cases in which the selected recipient happens to be graduating, then he or she will not be eligible to receive it, because scholarships are not paid in cash but in tuition fees. The PTSA offers scholarships for spouses/family members, pastors/missionaries, pastor’s/missionary’s sons or daughters, and family members of the faculty and the staff (please see tuition and fees). PTSA also offers several limited scholarships to students based on need. Students who have been selected to receive multiple scholarships could only be awarded a scholarship complies with the decision of the Scholarship Committee. Many types of scholarships are available for students:  (please see the Scholarship Chart for the details at our website:

Academic Achievement Scholarship: Two B.Th. students, one M.A.C.C.P student (If the number of full time students exceeds that of 10 people, the number of award could possibly  change to help accommodate such a group),  and Three M.Div. students with the highest grade point average (GPA) from the previous semester will each receive a scholarship for their next semester. This scholarship is normally between $500 and $1,500 each. If a student’s GPA is not higher than 3.0 or the requirement of the Chapel attendance is not met, then the student is not eligible.


Financial Need Scholarship:  Students who have financial needs are invited to obtain an application from the school office. They are to complete the application and submit it to the Student Dean. The Scholarship Committee will consider the applications for the following academic semester.


Designated Scholarship:  A church or organization may choose a student to support, or they may provide a scholarship for a particular type of student which will be announced when available.  Students should see the student dean to apply for a designated scholarship.



Financial Aid (TITLE IV)



Eligibility Requirements


Our general eligibility requirements are that you must

l  demonstrate financial need.

l  be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen.

l  have a valid Social Security number (with the exception of students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau);

l  be registered with Selective Service, if you’re a male (you must register between the ages of 18 and 25);

l  be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in an eligible degree or certificate program;

l  maintain satisfactory academic progress and attendance

l  sign the certification statement on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) stating that

l  you are not in default on a federal student loan and do not owe money on a federal student grant and

l  you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes; and

l  show you’re qualified to obtain a college or career school education by

l  having a high school diploma or a recognized equivalent such as a General Educational Development (GED) certificate

l  completing a high school education in a homeschool setting approved under state law (or—if state law does not require a homeschooled student to obtain a completion credential—completing a high school education in a homeschool setting that qualifies as an exemption from compulsory attendance requirements under state law); or


To apply for Title IV aid, a student must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid (FSFA). This is required for all students who wish to receive FSA. Through established formula a student’s need is calculated based on an analysis of household and financial information from the FAFSA and determining the Expected Family Contribution (EFC).


Federal Deadline


FAFSA applications must be received by June 30 in the year on which the application is intended for. Online applications for 2017/2018 must be submitted by midnight Central Time, June 30, 2018. Any corrections or updates must be submitted by midnight Central Time, September 15, 2018.



Applying for Financial Aid


Financial aid is funding that will help you and your family meet college expenses such as tuition, fees, books, supplies, etc. The basic sources of aid are grants, scholarships and employment.

You and your parents (if you are dependent) are still considered the primary source of funding for these costs. Financial aid is intended to fill the gaps where you and your parents might fall short in paying for your education.

Follow these three steps to apply for financial aid:

1. Submit the FAFSA.

·      All students who wish to be considered for federal and state financial aid must complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The FAFSA or Renewal FAFSA should be completed at as soon as possible after October 1 for the upcoming academic year.

·      Students whose FAFSAs are received by the priority filing date are given first consideration for some federal financial aid programs that have limited funds.

·      PTSA’s school code for the FAFSA is 041228.

·      Retain the printout of your confirmation page after submitting your FAFSA online. This is your proof that you applied. Save to your computer a copy of the FAFSA submitted online or retain a copy of the paper FAFSA or Renewal FAFSA for your file.


2. Watch your email.

·         Within approximately two weeks after submitting your FAFSA online you should receive a SAR (Student Aid Report) indicating that your FAFSA has been processed and sent to the institutions you designated. Check the SAR for accuracy, and make sure that PTSA is listed as the school you plan to attend.

3. Submit all requested documents.

·         Upon receipt of your electronic FAFSA data from the federal processing center, we will mail you a letter requesting documents needed to complete your file. SUBMIT all requested documentation promptly. You may be asked to submit copies of tax transcripts or other documentation to complete your financial aid application. Respond promptly to these requests (and any follow-up requests) to assure timely processing of your application. Please check your e-mail often to see if there is any other correspondence from the Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid Office uses the PRIMARY e-mail address registered with Admissions.

·         To stay compliant with federal regulations, the financial aid office must determine if your high school credential is valid.  You must also submit all previously attended college transcripts to be a fully admitted student, whether or not you plan on transferring any of the credits to your new degree/diploma at PTSA.

·         Once documentation is received by the financial aid office, it takes approximately 2-3 weeks to process.  Please plan accordingly. 

 The Financial Aid office is available to assist students with the application.

Award Notifications: Financial aid award packages are e-mailed to those students whose files are complete by the priority date.

Award conditions and responsibilities: Be sure to read the emails for conditions attached to your award. Every student has to keep attendance and grade.( It should be above GPA 2.0)

Financial aid disbursement: Financial aid is awarded by the Financial Aid Office, but is disbursed by the PTSA Business Office. If you have financial aid in excess of your tuition/fees, a check for the balance will be given to you by a check. Financial Aid awards made for the academic year are usually disbursed in two installments; one each semester, assuming you are registered for the number of hours on which your financial aid award was based.

If you have any questions, please stop by, call at 562-926-1023(Ext. 302) or e-mail us at

Reapplying for Financial Aid

You must apply for federal student aid for every school year that you attend.

A PELL Grant award is received for one award year (July 1 to June 30 of the following year), and is not automatically renewed for the next award year. Students must re-apply for the PELL Grant and submit a copy of the new SAR or ISIR to the financial aid office for each award year.


To reapply, you should submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you submitted a FAFSA last year, and you are eligible to complete a Renewal FAFSA, you may choose to have most of the questions pre-filled with the information you provided. Simply updating the information for the new school year on a Renewal FAFSA may be faster. However, the Renewal FAFSA is available solely for your convenience. If you prefer to start fresh with a new FAFSA, you are free to do so.

To reapply, click Login on the home page to log in to FAFSA on the Web, and then click FAFSA Renewal


l  Please note The amount of Federal Pell Grant funds you may receive over your lifetime is limited by federal law to be the equivalent of six years of Pell Grant funding. Since the maximum amount of Pell Grant funding you can receive each year is equal to 100%, the six-year equivalent is 600%.


l  Percent used: To determine how much of the maximum six years (600%) of Pell Grant you have used each year, the U.S. Department of Education (ED) compares the actual amount you received for the award year with your scheduled award amount for that award year. Of course, if you receive the full amount of your scheduled award, you will have used 100%. It’s possible that you might not receive your entire scheduled award for an award year. There are a number of reasons for this, the most common of which are that you are not enrolled for the full year or that you are not enrolled full-time, or both.


l  If you did not receive the full amount of your scheduled award, we calculate the percentage of the scheduled award that you did receive. For example, if your scheduled award for an award year is $5,000, but because you were enrolled for only one semester you received only $2,500, you would have received 50% of the scheduled award for that award year. Or if you received only $3,750 for the award year because you were enrolled three-quarter-time and not full-time, you would have received 75% for that year.


Click this links for more guidance when filing applications




Financial Aid Application Guidance


The Financial Aid Office at PTSA is here to assist students with completing their financial aid package. Our hours for drop-in are:

   Monday – Thursday 9am-4pm


If you need help linking to the IRS though the FAFSA :

1.           Go to WWW. FAFSA.GOV. 

2.          Enter your log in information

3.          Click the “Make a Correction” link.

4.          Go to the “Financial Information” tab. Here you will be givenn the option to link you tax return to your FAFSA. Click “View Option to link to ethe IRS”.

5.          Click the :”link to IRS” box.

6.          Verify the information that is already entered and enter the information as it appears on your tax return. You may then submit.

7.          Click the “Transfer My Tax Information into the FASA” box and click the “Transfer Now’ button.

8.          Review the information that was transferred into your FARFSA.

9.          Sign and submit FAFSA.


If you need help ordering a tax return transcript:

1.           Go to WWW. IRS.GOV

2.          Look for the section labeled “Tools”. Within that section click the link “Order a return or account transcript”. 

3.          This page explains the steps for obtaining a tax return transcript and informs you that it will be mailed within approximately 5-10 business days. In step 3, click the link “Order a Transcript”.

4.          You will need to provide your social security number, date of birth, street address and zip code etc. Be sure to use the exact street address that was used on your tax return.

5.          Be sure to select TAX Transcript and the appropriate year of the tax return requested.

6.          The last page will inform you as to whether or not your request was processedl You will also be provided with a a phone number to contact the IRS if needed.

7.          Order over the Phone     

   1. Call 18008291040  

   2. When prompted, press “2”  

   3. When prompted, press “1”  

   4. When prompted, press “2”  

   5.You will be asked to enter your social security number and to verify your  address  

   6.When  prompted,  press  “2”  to  receive  Tax  Transcript.  Enter  in  the  appropriate year for the transcript requested.  

   7.You will get confirmation if the request was processed properly, and  press “3” to end call.  


If your financial situation has changed due to unemployment or death of a family member, please contact the Financial Aid office for instructions.

Often students ask why they are required to provide parent information though the student lives on his/her own. Federal regulations require students to provide parent information unless they meet any of the following criteria.

            They are at least 24 years of age

            They have children whom they financially support more than 50%

            They are a member of the Military or Veteran

            They are married

            They are documented homeless

            They were a Ward of the Court, Foster Child, in a Legal Guardianship or Legally Emancipated Minor before the age of 18

            They are an orphan

If you have a special situation that may justify a dependency override, please schedule an appointment with the Director of Financial Aid, Sunny Kim.

tel.number : 562-926-1023 (ext.302),  





Verification is the confirmation through documentation that the information provided on a student's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is correct. The federal government requires colleges and universities to verify or confirm the data reported by students and their parent(s) on the FAFSA. Federal regulations 34 C.F.R Part 668, subpart E, dated March 14, 1986 April 29, 1994, November 29, 1994 – executing legislation 20 U.S.C. 1094 governing the Title IV programs require schools to be sure of certain applicant-reported data. The verification process ensures that eligible students receive all the financial aid to which they are entitled and prevents ineligible students from receiving financial aid to which they are not entitled. The school is requiring making these policies available to all applicants for financial aid, as well as prospective students upon request. This procedure is part of the Admissions process. To follow the regulation and achieve consistency governing this process, the following verification policies apply to all applicants for Title IV programs. Under the regulations, the school may not disburse PEL grant until completion of verification. 

Presbyterian Theological Seminary in America shall verify 100% of those students selected by the CPS system for verification.


Verification Exclusions


A selected application may be exempt from some or all of the verification requirements due to certain unusual circumstances. Except in the case of the student’s death, however, none of these verification exclusions excuses the school from the requirement to resolve conflicting information.

-Incarceration.  A selected application does not have to be verified if the student is in jail or prison at the time of verification.

-Recent immigrant.  A selected application does not have to be verified if the student is an immigrant who arrived in the United States in certain year.

-Spouse unavailable.  A school isn’t required to verify spouse information (or to obtain the appropriate signature for verification purposes) if any of the following conditions apply:

• The spouse is deceased or mentally or physically incapacitated.

• The spouse is residing in a country other than the United States and can’t be contacted by normal means.

• The spouse can’t be located because his or her address is unknown, and the student can’t obtain it.


Applicant verified by another school

If the student completed verification for the current award year at another school before transferring, to document a student’s eligibility for this exclusion, all the following documents are provided by a letter from that school. The letter must include:


• a statement that the student’s application data have been verified,

• the transaction number of the verified application, and

if relevant, the reasons why the school was not required to recalculate the student’s EFC (for example, the application errors may have been within the allowable tolerance..


Required Verification Documents: Examine the data items listed in 34 C.F.R 668.56. Different data items apply to different applicants depending upon student dependency status and the Title IV programs used.  Data items include:


       household size

       number enrolled in college

       adjusted gross income (AGI)

       U.S. income tax paid, and

       certain untaxed income and benefits


Documentation Required

Tax filer student, spouse and/or parents (as applicable) IRS Tax Return Transcript and Copy of tax return. Non tax filler student, spouse and/or parents (as applicable) form W-2, form 4868, Signed statement, or agency documentation for SNAP (food stamps) benefits. Applicants shall complete the appropriate sections of the Verification Worksheet.

There are two different worksheets: One for dependent students and one for independent students. Use the worksheets to update and for verification of data. Applicants shall follow the instructions in the Verification Worksheet. The school’s financial aid office may require/provide other appropriate forms.


Time Period for Providing Documentation

Applicants must provide the required documentation within 14 days from the request of FAO. PTSA may not disburse FSA funds until the student has completed required verification. 


Applicant Responsibilities

To be eligible to receive Title IV funds, we require applicants to provide requested information during the time-period(s) specified in these policies.

Applicants must certify that the following data items are correct as listed on the original application; or, if not correct, must update the data items, as of the date verification:


          Number of family members in the household

          Number of family members in the household now enrolled as at least half-time students on postsecondary institutions

          Change in dependency status

          Federal PELL Grant applicants whose dependency status changes during the Award Year must file a correction application.

          This process does not apply if the change occurs due to marriage

          Campus-based applicants whose dependency status changes during the Award Year must have their FC re-calculated. This process does not apply if the change occurs due to marriage.

          The applicant must repay any over award, or any award, discovered during verification, for which he/she was not eligible. 


Consequences of Failure to provide documenting within the specified time period(S)

If the student cannot provide all require documentation, the school cannot complete the verification process within 14 days from the date of the request. The school must then advise applicants that they are not eligible for financial aid funds. The school then gives the applicants the following option.:  The student may continue training on a cash payment basis • The student may withdraw, and re-enroll at no additional charge. There will be no loss of units earned when the student provides all proof, and verification is complete. The applicant must repay any over award or any award for which he/she was no eligible, discovered during verification.

If there are non-dollar errors and if the error in the dollar items total is less than $25.00 there is no requirement to recalculate the students EFC. 


Referral Procedure

The school shall forward to the Secretary of Education, referral of fraud cases.



Disbursement Information




All Grant funds will be posted to your account for use against tuition and book charges.  All awards are based on your continued progress in your program of study. Aid will be suspended for lack of satisfactory academic progress.




Tuition is $210.00 per credit hour for 2017-2018. The typical tuition cost for 12 (full time) credit hours is $2,520.00. To estimate the balance left for books, supplies, transportation, please subtract your expected tuition cost from your total award per semester. 


Pell grants are broken down into 4 categories based on your enrollment per semester. *Some students’ enrolled less than 12 credit hours may be ineligible for Pell Grant.


 Less than half time (1-5 hours) 25%


Half time (6-8 hours) 50%


Three quarter time (9-11 hours) 75%


Full time (12+ hours) 100%


 Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy for Financial Aid Students 

One of the requirements of eligibilities for Federal Student Financial Aid is a student must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and be in good academic standing. At the end of each semester, PTSA will measure the student’s performance according to Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy. Those who fail to make satisfactory progress will be given one semester of Financial aid warning for Federal Student Financial Aid.

1. Financial aid warning - PTSA will notify students in writing for failing to make satisfactory academic progress and place the students on financial aid warning at the end of each semester. Warning status lasts only one semester, during which the student may continue to receive Federal Student Financial Aid. Students who fail to make satisfactory progress after the warning period lose their aid eligibility unless they successfully appeal and are placed on probation.

2. Financial aid probation - When a student loses Federal Student Financial Aid eligibility because he failed to make satisfactory progress, he may appeal that result on the basis of; his injury or illness, the death of a relative or other special circumstance. His appeal must explain why he failed to make satisfactory progress and what has changed in his situation that will allow him to make satisfactory progress at the next evaluation.

     If based on the appeal PTSA determines that the student should be able to meet the SAP standards by the end of subsequent semester, PTSA may place him on financial aid probation without an academic plan. This probation status lasts only one semester.

     If based on the appeal PTSA determines that the student will require more than one semester to meet progress standards, PTSA may place him on probation and develop an academic plan for him. PTSA will review the student’s progress at the end of each semester as is required of a student on probation status, to determine if the student is meeting the requirements of the academic plan. If the student is meeting the requirements of the academic plan, the student is eligible to receive Title IV aid as long as the student continues to meet those requirements and is reviewed according to the requirements specified in the plan.

Consequences of Failing

Failing to maintain SAP can adversely affect a student’s eligibility for current and future financial aid. The student will not be eligible to receive PTSA scholarships, Pell or Campus Based funds until he regains eligibility or a petition is approved on his/her behalf. Even if a student’s petition receives approval, he may not be eligible to receive funds from past semesters.

Financial Aid SAP Petition Policy

PTSA acknowledges that there are certain circumstances that may limit a student completing his/her courses or maintaining SAP. Students can request a petition for a SAP waiver if they meet one of the following criteria:

·         Death in the family;

·         Illness or medical emergency; and

·         Other performance factors beyond a student’s control.  

To petition, a student must submit the following documentation:

·         A letter explaining the exceptional circumstances that affected the student’s ability to meet the Financial Aid SAP requirements.

·         A resolution or plan of action explaining how the student will assure future academic success.

·         A statement from the student’s academic advisor confirming his/her ability to meet the SAP requirements.

Documentation of illness or medical condition: The student must provide a letter from his/her attending physician confirming that his/her condition will no longer hinder the student’s ability to succeed academically. The letter must include the dates the condition occurred. The dates must coincide with the period in which the student failed to meet Financial Aid SAP requirements. The Academic Committee will make a decision and notify the student in writing of a decision within 30 days of submission. Decisions of The Academic Committee are final.



Federal Title IV Refunds Policy


When a student who receives Federal Student Aid funds withdraws from the PTSA prior to completing 60% of a payment period (Fall and Spring Semesters), the student - after the return calculation - may be required to return a portion of the received Aid within 45 days of the student withdrawing.

A return is only required of those students who withdraw from the school/who cease to be enrolled. A student who reduced his/her course load is considered a reduction and not a withdrawal. A return calculation is not required for such students.

The required calculation determines a student’s earned and unearned Title IV aid based on the percentage of the enrollment period completed by the student. The percentage of the period that the student remained enrolled is derived by dividing the number of days the student attended by the number of days in the enrollment period.

If the withdrawal date is after the 60% point in the payment period or period of enrollment, a student is considered to have earned 100% of the Title IV funds he or she was scheduled to receive during the period. For such a student there are no unearned funds. PTSA will still complete a return calculation in order to determine whether the student is eligible for a post-withdrawal disbursement.


PTSA must determine the student’s withdrawal date. The withdrawal date is defined as:


1. The date the student began the withdrawal process or officially notified PTSA of his/her intent to withdraw; or

2. The last date of attendance at an academically-related activity by a student who does not notify PTSA.

Based on the date of the withdrawal, the Financial Aid Office will determine the actual date of the student’s withdrawal and, using the Return of Title IV form provided by the Department of Education, they will calculate the amount, if any, the student must return. The student will then be notified by mail of the amount the Federal Student Financial Aid stated that they must return. In some cases, both the school and the student may be required to return unused or unearned portions of Federal Aid to the Federal Title IV program.



Overpayments and Over-awards

There are times when a student’s award package exceeds the student’s need. There may be circumstances that change a student’s award package after the aid has been awarded that result in an overpayment. For example, a student may receive a scholarship or grant from an outside source or organization, or the student may want to extend his or her work-study employment. In case of overpayments or over-awards the PTSA financial aid office will need to make adjustments to the other Federal Student Financial Aid in the package.

Pell Grants are never adjusted to take into account other forms of aid. Therefore, the adjustments will be made to the Stafford Loans and/or Campus-Based programs.

Students who owe funds due to overpayment or over-award will be required to make payment of those funds within 30 days of receiving a written notice from the Financial Aid office.

Student can send in the overpayment or over-award to the PTSA and the payment will be forwarded to the U.S. Department of Education. If a student is unable to pay their overpayment in full, they can set up a repayment plan with the U.S. Department of Education. Before doing this, they must contact the PTSA Financial Aid Office. They will need to make sure we have referred their situation to the U.S. Department of Education before any repayment plan can be set up.

If the student whose overpayment case has been accepted by the Department of Education wishes to establish a repayment schedule, the student should contact Borrower Services by calling 1-800-621-3115 or write to:

 U.S. Department of Education

 Borrower Services – Default Resolution

 P.O. Box 5609

 Greenville, Texas 75403

For examples of the Return of Title IV Funds calculations or questions regarding the overpayment policy, please contact the Financial Aid Office.

Financial Aid Director: Sunny Kim (email:, tel: 562-926-1023 ext. 302)


  *   Related Links :

- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) :

- US Department of Education: